As a GL Accountant you will be a great contributor to General Ledger Accounting and on daily basis will be responsible for the service delivery and operations of the general accounting services within the Shared Services Centre (SSC). This involves ensuring accounting standards are maintained in compliance with accounting policies, preparation of financial reports, analysing key trends and variances, and creating clear and concise narratives.
- Performing analysis and preparing commentary for close and period end reporting and supporting with preparation and filing of statutory accounts.
- Reviewing monthly / quarterly balance sheet reviews and account reconciliations, and ensuring they are done in a timely manner and in accordance with the accounting policy.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies throughout all areas of accounting.
- Managing and approving exceptional journals in General Ledger Accounting and within Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
Further responsibilities may include:
- CAPEX Planning & Budgeting.
- Managing fixed Asset Accounting, including Transfer and Split Asset Accounting.
- Identifying, calculating and reporting leases under IFRS16.
- Identifying triggering events for Asset Impairment and providing calculations for Asset Impairment.
- Supporting with Close and Period End reporting (monthly and quarterly).
- Supporting with Tolling reconciliations and root cause analysis.
- Conducting inventory and cost accounting analysis, targeted at resolving unreconciled inventory, activity rates, and standard costing.
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience in accounting.
- Good domain knowledge and understanding of areas such as, but not limited to, various processes including Close & Period End Reporting, Balance Sheet Account reconciliations and General Ledger Accounting.
- English language skills, preferably B2 or higher.
- Finnish language skills, preferably C1 or higher.
Nice to have:
- Accounting qualifications will be an added advantage (CA, CPA, ACCA).
- Direct relevant experience of working in a Captive SSC / Business Process Outsourcing Organisation would be an advantage (in addition to years of experience / qualification).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Good communication skills; ability to clearly articulate expectations and outcomes with various levels of management, both in Finance and Business.
- Ability to shape and be part of creating new Shared Services Centre.
- Vibrant and diverse work environment with a lot of opportunities to gather various experience.
- Career growth, progression, and promotion opportunities.
- International and talented team.
- Remote work up to two days a week.
- Bonus salary once a year depending on performance.