EY’s tailored sustainability solutions support governments and businesses to embrace, gain advantage, and generate value, from the continuous disruption of markets, value chains, processes, and customer expectations, in the pursuit of 2030 and 2050 sustainable development goals.
EY became carbon neutral in 2020 (globally, across our entire carbon footprint) and have now increased our ambition go further. We will be carbon negative in 2021 and net zero in 2025. We will reduce our absolute emissions by 40% on our 2019 levels and then every year we will remove or offset more than the remainder. So, from 2021 onwards, we will be removing more carbon from the atmosphere than we emit.
EY’s transformation to carbon negative is coupled with a focus on supporting our clients with their ambitions for our planet and society. We believe that sustainability is both good for business and good for the planet, offering opportunity to create and protect value. Taking action to protect the planet is core to our purpose of building a better working world and one of the ways we create long term value for our people, clients and society.
To deliver for our clients, we form multi-disciplinary and cross-sectoral expert teams to deliver tailored sustainability solutions. Our sustainability solutions cover client challenges and value creation opportunities in sustainability strategy; sustainability reporting and trust; sustainability transformation; renewable transition (including e-mobility); sustainable finance; and the green and circular economy.
Joining us as a Senior Consultant in Sustainability and ESG, you will support the delivery of our sustainability reporting and trust solutions, by supporting multi-disciplinary teams to deliver important client assignments.
You will advise both public and private sector organisations to map, advise and assess client risk control environments as they pertain to sustainability reporting requirements, carbon impact assessments and potential decarbonisation strategies. You will also support client functions to plan and execute internal audit-based assignments associated with sustainability initiatives and related reporting requirements. You will develop, maintain and enhance, tailored robust risk-based methodology and assessment tools, that will support multiple assignments and business imperatives for clients across multiple sectors and industries.
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress;
- Understanding our client requirements, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our clients through insights, factual conclusions and advice;
- Understand, manipulate and interpret financial and non-financial data and client information, drawing appropriate conclusions;
- Carry out relevant analysis and present your findings (both written and orally);
- Gathering, verifying and analysing information to formulate views;
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations;
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate;
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines;
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships.
- Maintaining and constantly upgrading technical knowledge and personal skills.
- 1 or more years of related work experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates organization and self-management skills;
- Pro-actively manage own development.
Technical skill requirements:
- Demonstratable experience with risk assessments associated with sustainability and ESG reporting standards;
- Strong understanding of sustainability reporting standards and associated implementation challenge;
- Strong understanding of the risk and control internal audit function for business clients and the factors to be considered in addressing sustainability reporting risks in that environment;
- Experience supporting government and/or business to implement risk and control protocols to enhance trust functions and promote reliability of reported results;
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to help multi-stakeholders to appreciate the “so what” of enhanced risk and control requirements associated with sustainability and ESG, with an ability to link this to current and future anticipated standards and stakeholder expectations;
- Experience and understanding of science-based targets, TCFD and other reporting frameworks a plus;
- Highly numerate with a sound grasp of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Similar job ads:
€ 1800 – 2200
€ 1760 – 2640
€ 1520 – 2258
€ 3306 – 4795
€ 1450 – 2200