The 1st Line Financial Crime Analytics is a core function within Danske Bank’s First Line of Defense responsible for providing data and analytics solutions for end-to-end, particularly for this transaction monitoring role. Our international Optimization & Analytics team consists of 5 motivated, dynamic and analytical professionals, and due to expansion, we are looking for several more.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for developing as well as carrying out the Bank’s instructions and standards for transaction monitoring as part of the 1st line of defense within Financial Crime Risk, working with data analysis and development of supervised machine learning models for our transaction monitoring solutions. The role holder may also define the data, analytics and models for parts of the transaction monitoring control. Examples of work include hands-on and willingness to take part in all aspects of developing and maintaining supervised and unsupervised models. Moreover, you continuously improve and innovate new and existing models through either frequentist or Bayesian predictive modelling techniques. The main goal is to create a significant customer experience and reduce the impact of financial crime. Your approach is proactive, and you believe in collaboration with colleagues as the key driver of success.
We are looking for people with a genuine interest in researching and applying state-of-the-art machine learning methods. This will likely be demonstrated via an academic publication track record and GitHub repo. We offer you an opportunity to continue learning through interactions with colleagues, a weekly journal club and a dedicated time and monetary budget.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority in the role.
- Proactively and independently drive the analytics tasks of transaction monitoring control requirements
- Work closely with the different business functions to understand the associated transaction monitoring risks of their products, services and customers, which you are expected to target with an appropriate analytics solution for the control and process requirements in-line with Bank policy and standards, industry expectations and regulatory requirements
- Understand the design and delivery of TM risk assessment methodologies, including typology and scenario/score design
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of tuning and optimization methodologies and the execution
- Be supporting the definition of the data requirements and standards for transaction monitoring and ongoing tracking and reporting
- Coordinate the analytics tasks in collaboration with Group Compliance, 1st Line transformation, 1st Line risk & control teams, technology and vendors
- Work closely with operational units to ensure that requirements and processes for output management are identified, particularly working with sampling investigation to assist the tuning processes – you will have a highly valued and visible role
- Design the analytics tools for monitoring the effectiveness of the existing TM controls
- Experience in scripting in Python, SQL, SAS and familiarity with dashboard MI tools, especially Tableau, as well as other data analytics tools
- Understanding of modelling, including Machine Learning and statistical model, logistic regression, random forest, clustering, anomaly detection, sampling methodology, and other supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Experience in the end-to-end transaction monitoring control framework, analytical monitoring techniques which combine the use of both structured and unstructured data alongside risk consideration
- Have a clear vision of future developments in predictive modelling and a structured approach to working with a broad and complex portfolio of topics in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of AML regulations and industry best practices on transaction monitoring
- Excellent verbal and written communication and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced English language skills (both written and verbal)
- Holding a relevant bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree and professional certification such as CAMS or ICA are desirable
Monthly salary range from 2960 EUR to 4440 EUR gross (based on your competencies relevant for the job).
Additionally, each Danske Bank employee receives employee benefits package which includes:
- Growth opportunities: professional & supportive team, e-learnings, numerous development programs; (incl. professional certificates); 100+ professions for internal mobility opportunities.
- Health & Well-being: a diverse, inclusive, work & life balance work environment; health insurance from the first day of employment; mental well-being practices; partial psychologist counselling compensation; silence and sleep zones at the office; game rooms.
- Hybrid working conditions: home office budget (after the probation period); modern Danske Campus workplace developed with anthropologist for the best employee experience.
- Additional days of leave: for rest, health, volunteering, exams in higher education institutions, and other important activities. Moreover, for seniority with Danske Bank.
- Monetary compensation package: accidents & critical diseases insurance; financial support in case of unfortunate events, travel insurance; IIIrd Pillar Pension Fund contribution.
- Additional days of vacation
- Health insurance from the first day of employment
- Third pillar pension fund
- Free parking & charging ports - cars, bicycles, e-scooters
Similar job ads:
€ 1760 – 2640
€ 3280 – 4920
€ 2080 – 3120
€ 1400 – 2100