- Apie įmonę
Chief Operational Risk Specialist
Do you have experience from the field of operational risk, internal audit or business development in the financial sector? Do you have a passion for driving change and facilitating continuous improvement? If so, could you be the pro-active and positive–minded new colleague we are looking for to join the Business Operational Risk and Control team in our Large Corporate & Institutions (LC&I) business?
Who are we?
LC&I Business Operational Risk & Controls is a team within the LC&I Business Risk & Control department (itself part of the Strategy, Operations and Business Control department). We are:
• First line of defence: Together with the Business we have a mandate to protect the bank and its customers
• Risk managers: We serve as an advisor and facilitator to the Business on risk-related issues, by assisting in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating risks
• Drivers of a strong risk culture: We contribute to enhancing and maintaining a strong risk culture in LC&I that will result in reducing LC&I’s risk exposure and damages within risk appetite/tolerance
• Providing analysis and insight for business decisions: We create reports and analyses to assist the LC&I senior management in steering the operational risk and to stay within risk appetite/tolerance
What do we offer?
You will be part of a global team of 17-20 Business Operational Risk & Control Managers in LC&I working together across countries giving you the opportunity to collaborate with skilled colleagues with diverse expertise within risk management. The role is based in Lithuania, where the Business Operational Risk & Control Specialists will be part of a LC&I Satellite.
LC&I Satellite is a remote hub for global business unit serving largest Danske Bank corporate & institutional customers & prospects. We work in a global teams setup where cross-country competences are combined to support our customers’ needs in many product areas ranging from fixed income and equities, to transaction banking and asset management. The LC&I Satellite is a local embassy (currently ~70 professionals) for the global business with great growth ambitions.
The global team and your manager will support you in your learning and development, and will encourage your suggestion to improve the risk and control environment and drive change. Apart from gaining skills and knowledge through the daily work, Danske Bank offers a wide range of professional training activities ranging from bank-specific knowledge and technical training to project management. An important part of your job is stakeholder management and you will gain a large network across the Danske Bank Group.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you a different seniority of the role. Currently we are looking for 1 colleague (at this Chief level ) in Vilnius to become a member of this new team, which will work closely with the colleagues in Business Risk & Controls and other business areas in Denmark and across the Nordics.
As our new colleague, you probably match the following criteria:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business or technical field (e.g. finance, economics, maths or similar)
• Ideally possess at least 5 years of experience as an operational risk manager in the financial sector or alternatively have experience from business development, internal audit or project management
• A positive and pro-active colleague, who enjoys a high tempo cross-cultural team, and embraces diversity
• A sense of curiosity and a desire to get to the root of the problem; a structured and analytical mind-set; the ability to be agile and suggest solutions
• Successful at executing tasks, both self-directed, and in teams, and seeing projects through to completion
• Strong written and spoken English skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Familiarity with VBA / Excel macros / Microsoft Access / Databases
• Have knowledge about areas within investment banking, transaction banking or asset management
• Team leadership experience would also be useful, though not a requirement for all roles
As a Business Operational Risk & Control Manager, you will engage in various operational risk tasks in close co-operation with your team and the Business in order to identify and evaluate operational risks. This includes:
• Engaging with the Business on risk assessments for new projects, and process changes
• Driving the analysis, resolution and communication of complex issues towards the organisation and regulators
• Reviewing and providing recommendations in the New and Amended Product Approval process
• Acting as a Subject Matter Expert and sparring partner for day-to-day risk and control questions
• Assisting the Business in registering and mitigating operational risk events
• Preparing risk reporting for senior management
• Leading risk related projects
• Collaborating with stakeholders across the Group
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2920 EUR to 4380 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition! Check this out.