- Apie įmonę
Would you like to join a market leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide? Preferred by Nature is currently looking for a
Head of Finance
Do you have experience with managing finance development projects and leading the finance team? Are you looking to apply your growing corporate client, civil society and media communications skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Then, you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
Preferred by Nature (also known as Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve Nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are looking for a new member of our management team – Head of Finance. Your main goal will be to ensure effective financial accounting, monitoring, reporting and management at all levels of the organisation to optimise performance and impact. This person will have an opportunity to lead and implement different finance development projects and activities. He or she will be a key senior position in our organisation.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead, inspire, coordinate, manage and unite the Finance team.
- Overall management of financial procedures and support to all staff with budget responsibility in the organization.
- Create and maintain internal financial result reporting principles.
- Cash flow planning and management.
- Support preparation of annual budgets and financial reports and communicate these to the management.
- Structuring of intercompany transactions and leading transfer pricing study and implementation.
- Coordinate external and financial internal audits.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost control and efficiency improvement measures.
- Ensure development and maintenance of accounting system (FinancialForce).
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures on overall group level.
- Control and ensure preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in finance, Economics, or Business administration
- At least 5 years experience with a similar position.
- Work experience in NGO is necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with running and optimizing finance and accounting functions.
- Experience in intercompany transactions desirable.
- Knowledge of Cash flow and liquidity management.
- Experience with managing finance-related projects.
- Fluent in English, additional languages are an advantage.
- Prior knowledge and experience with the Salesforce or FinancialForce platform is an advantage.
- You are an experienced manager, and you can motivate, unite, and bring different people together to work on common goals.
- You have a strategic and analytical approach. You have the ability and desire to see the big picture and link different components together for the best outcome.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organize and manage time and tasks.
- You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: full time position
- The position reports to our Chief Operating Officer, based in Latvia.
- Working location: one of the Preferred by Natures offices in one of these locations (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, or Vietnam) or home office in one of these countries.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organization with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- All employees are members of the organization and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 14th July 2021 via this link: https://preferredbynature.org/careers/head-finance
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Janis Pocs, Chief Operating Officer
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia