- Apie įmonę
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is an international Non Governmental Organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI’s Vilnius office is currently seeking a dynamic, motivated Senior Program Assistant or Program Officer to support programs that strengthen and support civil society movements, organizations and activists.
Coordinate and assist with NDI civil society development programs, including:
● Contribute to planning and designing programs and activities;
● Assist with developing and preparing materials for citizen engagement, communications and advocacy training sessions and consultations;
● Coordinate and organize logistics for events, including online and offline trainings, consultations and workshops,
● Develop, maintain and expand relationships and communication with program partners and with
vendors, consultants and a range of civic actors;
● Prepare periodic program activity reports demonstrating results;
● Prepare required financial reports of program events in accordance with NDI's policies;
● Translate program materials into English/Russian and provide English/Russian oral interpretation as needed;
● Track Belarusian political news and conduct political analysis; track trends and emerging opportunities in civil society;
● Manage general administrative tasks, including responding to inquiries and logistical support;
● Other tasks may be assigned from time to time by senior staff.
● Experience working with NGOs, INGOs, civil society, social change movements, and/or community organizing;
● Excellent organizational and networking skills, including the ability to interact effectively with staff, civic and political actors, and other partners;
● High level of oral and written communication skills;
● Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English required (must be able to communicate
and work independently in both languages - knowledge of Belarusian is an advantage);
● Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of politics and civil society in Belarus;
● High degree of organization and attention to detail;
● BA Degree or equivalent experience;
● Ability and willingness to work under time pressure and to meet strict deadlines;
● Good time management and multitasking skills;
● Ability to translate-interpret from Russian to English is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English g. Please indicate the position (SPA/PO (Civic)) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
NDI will not sponsor residency or work permits for this position, therefore only applicants with
the legal right to live and work in Lithuania will be considered.
The deadline for the submission of applications is August 19, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.