- Apie įmonę
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is an international non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI’s Vilnius office is currently seeking a Senior Program Assistant or Program Officer to assist with communications and information programs.
● Assist with programs and projects related to public engagement, communications and information;
● Develop and maintain relationships and regular communication with program partners in the media and civil society;
● Contribute to the design and analysis of disinformation and media research;
● Maintain up-to-date information on project activities in the online media space;
● Conduct monitoring and analysis of media environment and trends;
● Follow and understand the political situation in Belarus and the region.
● Prepare notes on meetings and activities, background information and briefings.
● Manage general administrative tasks, including responding to inquiries and maintaining mailing lists;
● Translate program materials into English/Russian and provide English/Russian oral interpretation as needed;
● Track Belarusian political news and conduct political analysis, and
● Other tasks as assigned from time to time by the program manager and director.
● Demonstrated keen interest in digital information, online communications and the media landscape; experience with or interest in media literacy and countering disinformation is an asset;
● At least two years work experience in a related field (NGO, Media, Communications, Social media management preferred);
● Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English required (knowledge of Belarusian is an advantage);
● Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
● BA Degree or equivalent experience;
● Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
● Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team;
● Critical and analytical thinking skills;
● Ability and willingness to work under time pressure and to meet strict deadlines;
● Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google Suite).
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English . Please indicate the position (Senior Program Assistant/ Program Officer (C/I)) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
NDI will not sponsor residency or work permits for this position, therefore only applicants with
the legal right to live and work in Lithuania will be considered.
The deadline for the submission of applications is August 19, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For additional information about NDI, please see www.ndi.org